Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School (or just back to autumn bags, as the case may be)

Listening to: Julie With... - Brian Eno

Ok, I am not in the market for anything right now, but I've just finished making my classroom supply list am in back to school mode, and also, this is a more than half off the original price bargain.  And I never buy anything unless it is fully fifty percent off or more.  You're foolish to pay any more than that.
Backpack, Coffee

Computer Messenger Bag, Camel
Both are $49.00 and can be found here in several other classy shades.  Would be even more exciting if the straps were properly leather instead of "leatherette" ( as my mom delicately puts it), but the laminated canvas is perfect for people like us because it is natural-ish, classic, and crazy durable (Don't you dare buy anything that isn't going to last you at least ten years. More on that later). You have to become a member to shop, but that makes it pretty much way more exciting, because you feel as if you're part of an exclusive secret club.  An exclusive, secret, shopping club.  Brilliant.

Myself, this is what I'll be toting for back to school:
Shut up. 

Its the best bag ever and yes, somehow in my adulthood I find myself owning a Vera Bradley bag, something I would have ridiculed in my high school years.  A purchase that was also half off and being discontinued, meaning NO ONE ELSE WILL GET TO HAVE IT.  Which is really pretty key in all my shopping decisions.  I will NOT share any websites where you can find this bag, where it is currently significantly more than mine cost.  You can do all that work yourself.
I'm not going to recommend Vera Bradley in general, because everything is pretty ridiculously overpriced.  But if you haven't seen their new "Be Colorful" ad campaign, open up a magazine (don't buy a magazine!  Total waste of money.  Just sneak a peek at a drug store or library, ok?) and check it out.  Its pretty excellent, tugs at my inner Catholic school girl heart strings, and makes owning this bag totally cool.

More reasonable and less foolish update to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment