Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Satisfaction: What July is Like

Or Songs for Hard Times and Major Life Transitions.

I know there's like three people out in the world who have been majorly bummed that I haven't done a monthly playlist in a while. Two of those people happen to be related to me, but whatever, man. You don't let your public down, regardless. And I clearly have. Let me just say, by way of explanation, it has been a time of upheaval and major life transitions for me. I've been busy. You can hear all about it in these songs. They're all pretty cheesy, but it comes with the territory.

That's all you need to know, honey. Oh and also, I live in Brooklyn now, which is crazy. I dig it pretty well so far. More on that later.



1. Eyes on the Prize - M. Ward
2. Bala Com Bala - JoaoBosco
3. Only the Strong Survive - Elvis Presley
4. Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
5. You Don't Know - Ellie Greenwich
6. From Black to Blue - Yo La Tengo
7. The Needle Has Landed - Neko Case
8. America the Beautiful - Pete Seeger
9. I'll Keep it with Mine - Nico
10. Stronger - Kanye West
11. Let's Face the Music and Dance - Nat King Cole
12. Scoundrel Babes - The Constantines
13. This Protector - The White Stripes
14. Mon Amie La Rose - Francoise Hardy
15. Spiritual Healing - Toots Hibbert
16. A Summer Song - Chad and Jeremy
17. Cry Tough (Take Six) - Alton Ellis
18. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
19. I Got This Down - Simian Mobile Disco
20. Chickfactor - Belle & Sebastian
21. You're Stronger Than Me - Patsy Cline
22. Like a Rolling Pin - The Replacements
23. Baby, Baby, Baby - Aretha Franklin
24. Your Protector - Fleet Foxes
25. How We Do - The Game
26. While You Wait For the Others - Grizzly Beat
27. Come Over - Estelle
28. Here's Today - The Rose Garden
29. Lights Out - Santogold
30. Make It Hot - Lil Mama
31. Satisfaction - Otis Redding



By the way, as a bonus for those of you into this sort of thing, I'm making a playlist of songs that hold deep personal meaning to me, as based upon their relevance to relationships I have had. Prepare for the sappiest, lamest compilation you have ever heard, man. Give me a couple days. Get out your headphones so you can lay in the dark in your bed in your parents' house for the full experience.

3 comments:

  1. there are some amount of songs there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty glad I'm related to you. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a post, I have faith in you and knew you would be back to your blog, I checked it ever other day in hope and tonight I'll go to bed happy knowing that tomorrow I will be able to listen to what looks like a wonderful well put together playlist. Am I the third person?

    emmetg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete