Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Champagne and Ballet Flats

In the abundance of wintery weather, I've been trying to make some art. It hasn't been terribly successful, because cold weather just sort of stifles me inside and makes me incapable of doing anything besides cooking, pretend online shopping, watching movies, and listening to This American Life or BBC Newshour.  But occasionally I remind myself that doing something creative and productive will make me feel like a real human being, and so I've made myself an Etsy page, and am painting here and there.



What can I say? I feel a little more likely to make things if I have a venue for showing them off. Bully for all you intrinsically motivated individuals, but I'm not so good at working in a vacuum.  Positive reinforcement has always done it for me, you know?

If you feel so inclined, you can look here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChampagneBalletFlats

No comments:

Post a Comment