So recently I found this brilliant shop: Chance. Not only do I want pretty much every single thing on the site (especially the Chance Essentials! The beach towels! The day tote! And the pajamas! I swoon) but they also have a really splendid blog of sorts with a nice collection of music, art, design and so forth. Initially, I was going to say, who are these people? And then I researched for a minute and discovered the line is by former creative director of Kate Spade, Julia Leach, so then I was like, oh well, of COURSE.
Anyway, the whole feel is terribly unseasonal. These are clothes for summer, for vacations, for beaches, for sunny skies. Which is fine with me. I know I should still be concentrating on woolens and boots and furry things because we in Boston won't see the glimmer of spring for many months yet. But I can't help it. All the resort collections have gotten to me. I'm beyond done with the snow. All I want is the beach.
In the (also beautifully put together) about section, Chance has this to say:"The striped t-shirt is the paper clip of personal style. There's at least one in every drawer, and it's coveted and collected thanks to its simplicity and timeless appeal. The espadrille, canvas tote, and button down shirt join this item as the cornerstones of of the Chance concept." You know that simplicity is not my favorite word, but, especially in the summer months (which more and more appeal to me as a year round state) I can fully back these pieces as staples of any good wardrobe. In homage, and with warm weather thoughts in mind, I've put together some classic striped looks, as inspired by my new favorite line. Plus a few of me and Nic on a perfect summer day, for good measure.






















No comments:
Post a Comment